Terms and conditions
- Krakow Film Foundation is the organiser of the competition.
- The organiser may cooperate with other entities, which intend to contribute to the preparation or execution of the competition programme.
- The aim of the competition is to select the best film trailer from among the films submitted to the selection of 54th Krakow Film Festival.
- Only trailers of films submitted to this year’s festival selection can take part in the competition.
- Participants taking part in the competition have to be the authors, co-authors or producers of the film.
- In case of a trailer being submitted by a third party, such a party declares that they are authorised by the copyright owner to submit the application and to place the trailer on the festival’s website.
- The participant, submitting the trailer to the competition, is obliged to submit a declaration that he holds the property copyrights to the film and the trailer or the relevant authorisation granted by the copyright holder, which can be found in the application form on the website www.krakowfilmfestival.pl
- Submitting trailers:
a. Trailers may be submitted from 10 to 31 March 2014.
b. The length of a trailer cannot exceed 3 minutes.
c. Trailers must have English subtitles.
d. Trailers must be submitted by pasting the embed code of the trailer uploaded to YouTube into the application form. The submitted YouTube link should have no territorial restrictions or expiration date. Other video sharing websites than YouTube will not be accepted.
e. Only one trailer per film can be submitted.
f. For participation in the competition it is necessary to fill in the application form, available on-line on the website, accessible through a link that is sent to the contact e-mail given in the festival selection submission form and upload the trailer, as well as submit the personal data of the trailer’s author (first name, surname, e-mail address, website, if available, Facebook profile).
- Filling in the application form, which can be found on the website www.krakowfilmfestival.pl, and uploading a trailer is equivalent to entering a trailer in the competition as well as the acceptance of the conditions set out in this document.
- The submitter agrees to the processing of his/her their personal data by the Organiser for the purposes of the competition, reading as follows: “I hereby give consent for my personal data to be processed for the purposes of the Krakow Film Festival in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments).”
- The participant grants the Organiser permission (licence) to multiple, free of charge, full or partial use of the trailer submitted to the competition in the following fields of use: recording and reproduction by any technology, including recording (analogue and digital) on audiovisual media, in particular on video media, photosensitive tape, magnetic tape, computer discs and other digital recording media, in the multimedia network (including Internet), displaying, public reproduction, distribution and publishing of the submitted trailer, including broadcasting (also simulcasting and webcasting) in full or in parts chosen by the organiser - via video and audio, both wired and wireless by ground station and cable broadcasting, or via a satellite, trading of the submitted trailer as well as its arrangements at home and abroad, including renting, rental, hire and putting it into use on the basis of other legal relationship, lending, renting, lending or exchanging the media on which the submitted trailer is recorder or multiplied, relay of the submitted trailer - in the unlimited number of recordings, uploading to the computer memory and multimedia network, including Internet in unlimited amount of broadcast and edition, exploitation in multimedia artwork and on the websites of the Organisers and putting it into market via Internet and other broadcasting technologies using telecommunications, IT and wireless networks, public and private distribution of the submitted trailer in such a way that everyone shall have access to it in time and place of their choice, including SMS, MMS, WAP, Internet, interactive television, video on demand, audio on demand, Wi-Fi and Wi-Max networks.
- The applicant shall be exclusively liable for infringing copyrights and intellectual property rights as well as moral rights of third parties, and in case of claims against the Organiser, the applicant commits oneself to fully satisfying the claims of third parties and to exempting the Organiser from this obligation.
- The applicant consents to promotion and publication of information about the trailer on the festival’s website (www.krakowfilmfestival.pl, www.kff.com.pl), the festival’s Facebook fanpage, Twitter account, festival’s newsletter as well as press releases shared with the media and festival’s partners.
- Information about the competition and the voting process will be announced at the festival’s website (www.krakowfilmfestival.pl, www.kff.com.pl), Facebook fanpage, Twitter account, festival’s newsletter as well as press releases shared with the media and festival’s partners.
- Voting for the best trailer will be carried out on the festival’s website www.krakowfilmfestival.pl.
- Each person is entitled to vote only once for one trailer.
- The trailer is considered to be the winner if it gets the largest number of votes.
- The film which is promoted by the award-winning trailer will be automatically included in the programme of 54th Krakow Film Festival (from 25 May to 1 June 2014). The screening of the film at the 54th KFF will be carried out on the basis of rules described in the regulations of the festival.
- The author of the award-winning trailer will be informed about the results of the competition via e-mail not later than 15 April 2014.
- The organiser reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this regulation.
- Any additional information may be obtained from the Office of the Festival: Krakow Film Festival, e-mail: email@example.com.